In 1795, wealthy sea captain Aaron Olmsted invested in a large portion of the Connecticut Western Reserve and became owner of thousands of acres from his purchased share. That land reached North East Ohio, including what was then known as Lenox. Years later, Lenox became Olmsted Township. Over the years, the land was split into what is now known as Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township, and North Olmsted. With our program being based out of the 'Olmsted' community, it was only fitting that the name honor the sea captain, a navigator, who helped develop our excellent communities.